I don't think he truly understands how hard it is, to care for an infant without any help. It all started when Baby K was being a little unsettled in the morning. After much coaxing, carrying, and soothing the crying still hasn't stop. So I put baby k down and left her crying.
Surprise surprise, Twitchy came along, and said he'll pick her up - implying I haven't done enough. That was the breaking point. From there I told him he can care for the baby on his own for the next few days and that I won't bother helping or telling him what to do.
Seems vindictive but it's the only way to get my point across. Twitchy has never cared for baby on his own. I am there when he wants to rest, I am there when baby is having a meltdown.... And every day when he comes home from work he doesn't see how much I work to keep baby fed, slept, settled and happy.
Or how about the many times he wakes up in the morning or comes home at night and says he is tired. Excuse me? You don't know what tired is
Or the many times he off handedly says - don't leave baby unattended, don't let baby watch tv, don't do this, don't do that...
You don't know how hard it is, dude!
So today I am taking a step back and not caring for the baby as much.
Next week I shall book myself into the spa.
No comments:
Post a Comment